Truevo Payments Ltd is seeking to recruit, on a full-time basis, an Internal Auditor to form part of the organisation. The Internal Auditor will report directly to the Company’s Board of Directors and the candidate chosen will form part of Executive Management.
Truevo is looking for an objective Internal Auditor to add value and improve the company’s operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of operational, financial and accounting procedures and a sound, independent and objective judgement when auditing the functional areas of the company.
It is expected that the selected candidate will establish the function within the company and adopt a risk-based approach to internal auditing.
The selected candidate will report to the Board of Directors of the company.
- Determining the internal audit scope of the company.
- Establish the Audit Universe of the company following a risk assessment performed of the company’s risk management, control and governance processes.
- Develop and document the full Internal Audit Cycle Plan based on the results of the risk assessment performed. The Plan will list the audits that will be performed depending on and in line with the risk categorisation established and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Perform the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Perform audits in a disciplined and organised manner and preparing and presenting reports that reflect the audit’s results and reporting of such audit findings and recommendations to Management of the auditable areas and the Board of Directors.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with management and the Board of Directors.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding the industry’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor.
- Advanced computer skills on office tools including MS Office.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Proven knowledge of internal auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgement.