Truevo Payments Ltd is a young financial institution licensed by the MFSA and is a principal member of Visa and Mastercard. Truevo offers a range of payment services (card acquiring) across multiple channels.
We are looking for a Merchant Underwriting Executive to join our expanding team.
- Review of new merchant applications with the objective of understanding the business model identifying the financial and fraud risks the company may be exposed to.
- Suggesting merchant terms with a view of mitigating potential financial losses and setting policies that should be adopted when underwriting merchants from the respective industries.
- Keeping updated with the latest industry updates related to the merchants underwritten by Truevo.
- Keeping updated with the latest updates in the various card scheme rules and regulations.
- Regular liaison with internal stakeholders to understand and explain the risk exposed by new and existing merchants.
- Preparation of regular reports for internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the explanation of risk findings.
- Minimum of 1-year work experience in a risk or credit risk function, preferably in payments or banking. Experience in credit risk within a payment acquirer or in the review of business plans for the provision of commercial loans will be considered a strong asset.
- A diploma level of qualification in banking, finance or management
- Possess sharp analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other office applications including Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Be well organised, pro-active, self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and eager to learn.
- Possess excellent organisational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be a team player and capable of meeting strict deadlines.
- Possess a high proficiency in verbal and written English.