Recruitment Privacy Notice
This privacy statement explains what information we gather about you during the recruitment process, what we use that information for and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights concerning your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
Who this privacy notice applies to and what it covers
This notice aims to help you understand:
- What information is collected and from where;
- Why we collect your personal information; and
- How it is processed within the recruitment process.
Throughout this notice the term “processing” is used to cover all activities concerning your personal information, and can include any of the following:
- Adaptation or alteration
- Disclosure by transmission
- Dissemination or otherwise making available
- Alignment or combination
- Erasure or destruction;
What information do we collect?
- Personal details such as name, address, date and place of birth;
- Work history/job data; previous employers, positions, dates, etc.
- Compensation; basic salary, benefits, bonuses, etc.;
- Education and work history including professional qualifications and skills;
- Nationality / visa / right to work permit information; (e.g. identification documents, driving licence, National Insurance numbers)
- Photographs and images from recorded assessments or from on site CCTV;
- Results of Pre employment screening checks (e.g. criminal records checks where permitted under local law)
During the process we also capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disability information). We do this in order to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates to apply for jobs with us, to be able to take online/telephone assessments, to attend on-site interviews/assessments, to prepare for starting at Truevo (if successful), and to ensure that we comply with legal and regulatory obligations applicable to us with regards to our recruitment process.
Where do we collect information from?
We may collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
We collect your Personal Data when you submit a job application via email or through our careers section on our website (https://truevo.bamboohr.com/jobs/).
Social network sites
We collect Personal Data about you from other sources, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+ (“Social Network Sites”) when you choose to provide us with a link to your profile on any Social Network Site as part of your job. We will collect the following Personal Data from Social Network Sites:
- LinkedIn: Personal Data contained in the following fields: name, headline and summary, job title, current employer, employment history, recommendations and contact details made publicly available (such as phone number and email address). Your LinkedIn connections are not collected.
We will not collect your photographs or videos from any Social Network Site unless you submit a photograph or video voluntarily as part of your recruitment application.
We may also obtain your contact details from publicly available sources, including content that you have made public on other Social Network Sites or similar sites for professional purposes, to make initial contact with you for recruitment purposes. If we contact you in this way you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving any further information about career opportunities with Truevo. You can subsequently opt out at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Data may be provided to Truevo by recruitment agencies with whom you have registered an interest in working for Truevo. Where a recruitment agency refers you to us, a copy of your personal details shall be processed in our recruitment database based on the information provided. Records will be maintained of those who decided not to progress so that they are not contacted again.
Whilst in most cases you will provide your Personal Data, Personal Data may also be collected about you from third parties during the recruitment process such as references from previous employers.
How do we use information about you?
- identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available;
- recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring;
- ensuring compliance with legal requirements, including diversity and inclusion requirements and practices;
- conducting criminal history checks as permitted by applicable law;
- protecting our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law; or
- emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals may be endangered.
We may also analyse your personal data or aggregated/pseudonymized data to improve our recruitment and hiring process and augment our ability to attract successful candidates. We may retain your personal data to consider you for future employment opportunities. In such an event, we will seek your consent, either prior to or after you formally apply for a job opportunity. If you join a recruiting program, but subsequently wish to withdraw, please contact us at email@example.com.
How do we protect your personal data?
- education and training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal data
- administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data on a ‘need to know’ basis
- technological security measures, including firewalls, encryption and anti-virus software
- physical security measures, such as staff security passes to access our premises.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
Who do we share your information with?
The recruitment process will involve:
- Assessing and progressing your application,
- Assessing your suitability (skills, strengths, behaviours for the role)
- Activities needed to complete the on-boarding and screening process should your application be successful.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed to any of the following for any of the purposes outlined above:
- Internally, limiting access to what is required by each individual to perform their role in the recruitment process.
- professional advisers, third party service providers, agents or independent contractors providing services to Truevo;
- any person in connection with litigation or other legal proceedings, to obtain legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by Law and/or Regulation;
- any court, tribunal, Regulatory Authority or Governmental Entity;
- any criminal records bureau, credit bureau or credit reference agency when conducting background checks;
- to third parties to provide references at your request or with your consent; and
- third parties to whom we may transfer our rights and/or obligations under any agreement
How long do we keep your information for?
If you accept an offer of employment by us, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personnel records and will be retained in accordance with specific local laws and requirements. If we do not employ you, we may nevertheless continue to retain and use your personal data for a period of time (which may vary depending on the country) for system administration purposes, to consider you for potential future roles, and to perform research. If you provide consent, we may retain your personal data to consider you for future employment opportunities.
You have various rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data
- withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent)
- receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract)
- object to our processing of your personal data.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below:
Truevo Payments Ltd, The Watercourse, 3rd Floor, Triq L-Imdina, Zone 2 Central Business District, Birkirkara CBD2010, Malta
Data Protection Officer: Ivan Spiteri, email@example.com
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner. Find out how to send a compliant to the IDPC.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time. To let you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from the specified revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.